The Weight Loss Program That Worked For Me

The Weight Loss Program That Worked For Me
The diet that worked for me

I have had a lot of issues and problems with my weight. It has had a major effect on my life, it knocked my confidence and I had an all round low self-esteem.

A couple of years ago I decided to do something about it, to try to lose some of my excess fat. I had heard of many different types of diet most of which I felt were not suitable for me and even sounded disgusting.

I decided on self-help, doing it my way. I knew that exercise would need to be a factor, however was not willing to join a gym. Gyms seem full of people who are already thin! I started to walk a lot more instead of driving everywhere, and started to play tennis again, even though I must admit am pretty rubbish it. I am not exactly the most athletic person and this basically was all the exercise I did.

The main reason I was overweight was because of my poor diet. I like to eat the types of food you are told not to. I love pizzas, a curry, chips, peanuts and especially alcohol. Most people I knew would tell me to cut out all of these from my diet completely- get real! Sorry, that’s not possible, I enjoy them too much.

I thought about what to do and decided that I would start to write down everything I ate. I would eat a healthy breakfast and then would try not to eat until lunch. I am somebody who loves to snack, eating crisps and chocolate especially. I knew that to not eat anything until lunch would be difficult but I had a plan. Whenever I felt hungry or a desire for food I would eat a polo mint or if at home would clean my teeth. Sounds crazy but it worked for me! I would also not eat between lunch and my evening meal. The evening meal would be my biggest meal of the day and would include anything I wanted including chips. On the weekend I would always treat myself to a takeaway and would allow myself some alcohol.

This type of diet needs a lot of discipline and character, however you do not have to do that much exercise or cut any type of food from your diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment